Download the Supported Independent Living information sheet
Supported Independent Living
Whether in your own home or one managed by Able, we support you to live as independently as possible. By getting to know you and understanding your interests, likes/dislikes and goals for the future, we can map out the best possible programs to support you at home.
We are growing our services, and now have many accessible homes available. Our goal is to help you find one that suits your needs – one you can call home. Click the button below to view our current supported home listings.
For Auslan interpretation and voice recording of this page, please scroll to the bottom of this page to find the video.
How will a supported home help you?
Our flexible, highly skilled staff support you to reach your full potential and enjoy a fulfilling home life.
We assist you to:
- Develop individual program plans that outline goals, aspirations and desires for independent living.
- Develop and maintain friendships and community connections.
- Access social and recreational activities.
- Manage and attend appointments.
- Complete forms and other forms of communication.
- Maintain a household.
- Manage accommodation and tenancy obligations.
We will also work with you to develop increased independence through skill development in areas such as:
- Financial and money management.
- Shopping and household tasks, including cooking and domestic duties.
- Social skills.
- Using public transport.
How do I get funding for supported independent living?
Through NDIS. In your NDIS plan, you may have funding specifically for Supported Independent Living accommodation, in which you can decide which provider to choose for this service.
At Able, we will work with you and you supports to determine your level of assistance and find you a house that feels like a home.
For more detailed information about NDIS packages and SIL price guides, click here.Send an enquiry
Watch the short video below about our client Wayne and his new accessible Able supported home.
This video was created in-kind by Keith Rhodes at clipsthatsell.com.au.