26 February 2020
On Wednesday the 26th of February Able Australia’s Northcote Day Centre was officially opened by Cr Susan Rennie, Mayor of the City of Darebin.
We were joined by clients, donors, supporters, as well as Dr Helen Nugent, Chair of the NDIS and Ms Kat Theophanous, Member for Northcote.
Throughout the evening we showcased the purpose built facility which includes; Tech Lab, Sensory Room, Sensory Garden, Kitchen with adjustable benches and sink and Art Therapy room. We would like to thank all of our donors for their generous donations. Your support has given us a Day Centre that will create better days, every day for our clients.
- Swimming and walking groups,
- Bowling, library and cinema outings
- Horse riding
- Volunteering and employment support
- Healthy lifestyle workshops (i.e. cooking and guided relaxation),
- Assisstive technology and educational groups
- Therapeutic art and music groups
- Personal development skill building groups
This new centre provides a range of new opportunities to support our clients reach their full potential. This includes being ,,situated directly across the Northcote Railway Station, ,spacious changing rooms, ceiling hoists, art rooms, laundry facilities, adjustable tables, multiple stove tops for cooking classes and a beautiful glasshouse display dedicated to one of our clients. For more information about Able’s Northcote Day Centre, please email email@example.com, or call us on 1300 225 396.