Able Australia’s volunteers are vital to us and make a huge difference to our community programs and initiatives, especially in Queensland. When you volunteer your contribution can be small and a one off or you may, like many of our volunteers, become more involved and volunteer your time and skills on a regular basis. However you decide to help you can make a difference.
Sometimes its the small things like a smile and a chat that can brighten a person’s day.
Many different people volunteer for Able and we are grateful to any single person who donates their time, experience or skills. We simply couldn’t deliver some of our programs without you.
Please contact us on 1300 225 369 should you be interested in finding out more about our volunteering program, we’d love to hear from you.
Regular volunteers are currently required to keep our vital community services running in Queensland based at our Jimboomba, Ipswich and Lowood sites.
We are also calling on all sewing enthusiasts who might want to sew protective gowns for our disability workers.
Current Opportunities in Queensland:
- Community Drivers at Jimboomba, Ipswich and Lowood, driving senior citizens or people with a disability to and from social activities such as medical appointments, shopping and community groups.
Other roles available in Jimboomba:
- Pantry Truck Driver – collecting and delivering items for our community food pantry.
- Pantry Assistant – working behind the counter at the Community pantry, assisting with restocking, shelving.
- Kitchen Assistant – assisting with food preparation, table service and food service.
- Various office support roles – in Reception, Transport and Emergency Relief departments.
Sew protective gowns:
If you enjoy sewing we need your help. We want to sew 1000 protective gowns that can be used by disability support staff at Able Australia and across the sector.
If you are interested in knowing more CLICK HERE.
For more information and to register your interest in the Queensland opportunities please call:
Jimboomba Office 07 5600 0750.
Ipswich Office 07 3812 3437.
Lowood Office 07 5600 0720.
Assistance is given with obtaining Restricted Driver Authorisation (for a driver role), National Police Check and First Aid Training.
Induction, orientation and specific training for the role will be provided.
Shifts are rostered and are generally 1-2 days/week.
Your availability of days and times can be negotiated.