One vacancy has become available in this well presented five-bedroom home which has been repurposed to provide one three bedroom and one two bedroom duplex.
Each duplex its own entrance, kitchen, and dining areas, as well as bathroom and backyard.
The property is 850 metres to Braybrook Community Centre which features a library, health centre, Men’s shed and community gardens. Just a few minutes drive is the Central West Shopping Centre for banking and supermarket shopping in addition to the Footscray train station for commuting to the city.
The current resident group are very social and relish having a joke, listening to music, and watching sports. All residents attend Day Programs and enjoy participating in community based activities on weekends.
- The house has two distinct units under the one roof line.
- Each unit has its own entrance, kitchen, dining area, lounge, bathroom and rear yard.
- The current vacancy is in the section of the house with three bedrooms.
- There are no steps in this property and the driveway and footpaths are flat.
- The SDA design category for this house is Fully Accessible
About the current residents:
- The current residents are social, enjoy an active lifestyle and are actively involved in the running of the house. The residents have their own interests however enjoy the company of others.
- The current residents living in the house in are between 43 and 48 years.
- The current residents living in the house are all male.
Factors to consider if applying
- The applicant must be aged 18 years or over
- This is an enrolled Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) property.
Therefore the applicant would need to be eligible for the appropriate SDA level of funding in the applicant’s NDIS plan.
- The applicant will need to be able to pay rent and utilities.
- The applicant or their representative will need to establish a residential
DFFH Property ID Number: 421
SDA Provider: Department of Families, Fairness and Housing
Applications are via the Victorian State Government – Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.