Able Australia is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to take part in a FREE* Deafblind Communication Guide Training Program in Adelaide, SA.
Deafblind Communication Guides provide direct one to one support to participants in a way that is tailored to meet their individual needs and goals.
The Communication Guide Training Program consists of classroom based training, site visits, guest speakers and a hands-on opportunity to support people who are deafblind in their communities.
By completing the Communication Guide Program, you will learn:
- What it means to be deafblind.
- Deafblind communication methods.
- Adaptive and assistive technology.
- Sighted guide training.
- What makes a good Communication Guide.
What we need from you:
- Proficient Auslan skills (desirable).
- Enthusiasm, dedication and flexibility.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one.
- Current Police Check or willingness to obtain one.
- Commitments to the rights of people with disabilities.
- Availability to attend an interview on 10 -11 December 2018.
- Availability to attend a full-time 5 day training program from Monday 18 February to Friday 22 February 2019.
- Availability to complete 20 hours of Communication Guide Placement from 25 February to 19 March 2019.
For further details, please contact Alisha Hill at email@example.com.